You can register On Line here
PLEASE DOWNLOD AND READ THE REGISTRATION
REQUIREMENTS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH THE REGISTRATION
[READ and/or Download the registration requiremnts HERE BEFORE PROCEEDING]
Who should register under the Act?
Every NGO established or operating in Malawi which is recognized as a legal person under the laws of Malawi, except the exempt organizations (S.20, s.1).
What is the registration process?
- Acquire legal personality (S.20, s.1 above)
- International NGOs, get vetting from OPC to ascertain legal personality and compliance with other international requirements
- Provide proof that an NGO is a member of CONGOMA (S.20, s.3a (v) i.e. register with CONGOMA
- Register with NGO Board of Malawi (S.21)
The registration requirements are as follows:
- A filled CONGOMA Membership Application Form.
- A certified copy of the NGOâ€™s Constitution or a Governing Instrument of the NGO.
- A letter of approval from the Office of the President and Cabinet (for International NGOs only).
- A copy of minutes of the first meeting at which it was agreed to form an NGO (for Malawian NGOs only).
- A brief concept paper indicating physical address for offices, brief background to the NGO, mission statement, vision, values, districts where activities are being/will be implemented, sectors of operation (e.g. health, education etc), an outline of activities that the NGO has implemented or intends to undertake in Malawi under each of the sectors, sources of funding and number of employees/volunteers.
- Sworn-in Affidavits of Trustees and/or Directors, giving their names, citizenship, occupation and address.
- A copy of the Trustees/Directors Declaration.
- A copy of Certificate of Registration with the Registrar General (for Malawian NGOs) or a copy of Registration Certificate of the NGO from the originating Country (International NGOs).
- Copies of Temporary Employment Permits for all non-Malawian staff/trustees resident in Malawi (for International NGOs only).
- Payment of a non refundable Processing Fee of MK3,500.00 and K 5,250 for Malawian NGO and International NGO respectively.
N.B. NGO needs to register with CONGOMA first, before it can register with the NGO Board under the NGO Act 2000. The requirements for registration with the NGO Board can be provided on request. After registering with CONGOMA International NGO pays an annual subscription of MK 290,000. while a local NGO pays an Annual Subscription Fee of MK 87,000 for the first two years. From third year onward the Subscription fee for local NGO is MK174,000